- Home Base
- Game On
- Hotels & Resorts
- What Makes Us Different
- Giving Back
Hotels under Management since 2013
Hotel and Resort Clients
We fix distressed hotels and resorts.
Panetiere Hospitality has grown out of Panetiere Marketing Advisors a broad spectrum solutions and consulting advisor to hotels and resorts since 2003. Over the years, clients requested an increasing level of management and operations engagement as, in the end, it was always our task to increase our clients’ revenues.
In October of 2013, a client needed a management company to fix two hotels in challenged markets. Out of that need was born Panetiere Hospitality focused on managing hotels for revenue and consequent NOI turn-around for ownership.
Smoky Meadows Lodge, Pigeon Forge TN,
Turnaround in 2014, management of this five story motel/hotel in the heart of Pigeon Forge.
Re-branded as Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites so as to fulfill a Blue Ocean Strategy.
Neglected for years, the upside is strong and the Blue Ocean Strategy will be key to gaining a strong market niche in the midst of 94 look-alike motels.
All the tools will be used by the time we are able to pass exceed the comp set in RevPAR.
DeAnza Motor Court - a Rt 66 renovation, Albuquerque, NM,
Submission of RFP to the city for selection as the developer of the iconic property.
It would become the anchor of our Iconic Rout 66 Motor Courts, Hotel and Roadhouses collection.
Garrett’s Desert Inn, Santa Fe NM, private ownership.
Turnaround in 2013, management of this motel – motor court in the heart of Santa Fe.
Sadly neglected for 35 years and unable to maintain headway, we are tasked with a turn-around and a boot-strap improvement of product, staff, and the development of a future without a renovation.
Now add to these challenges, the body blow of the market about to be flooded with a 150 room hotel.
But that’s the point – that’s what we do.
How do we . . .?
- create a refurbished hotel with only 3 years left on the ground lease?
- extend the ground lease?
- secure financing with no security?
- operate with no cash when, in the past, positive flow was only 6 months a year and now there is no cushion?
- find, bring, develop talent for such a property?
- create a “destination” that has more than 50 days a year potential for travelers? That’s been the market – just 50 days.
Hotel Don Fernando, Taos, NM, private ownership.
Turnaround in 2013, management of this fine property that had been physically impaired from a lack of basic maintenance, let alone that it had not been positioned to perform in a challenged market. F&B failures had added to a persistent tower of hurdles that had been piling up since 2003. Yes, 2003 and not yet tackled, rather just added to.
Here, again, we are tasked with a turn-around that will be a boot-strap improvement, theme development of product, staff, and the opening of a pathway to a future that will yield consistent NOI for ownership.
How do we . . .?
- create a refurbished hotel and a “destination” that has more than a mere 50 days a year of revenue potential? That’s the market – 50 days.
- repair a forlorn, distressed hotel that has lost its F&B, has lost its liquor license, has broken much of its infrastructure and cannibalized the rest. With no money?
- make revenues when over 50% of its rooms are “broken”. We mean “broken”.
- have a voice in an already sadly overcrowded destination?
Past Management Client
2009 to 2011
Cattle Baron Hotel – Fort Worth. (a Quality Inn)
As part of creating attractors in a market and physical wasteland, this hotel was given a separate, added identity that fit the Blue Ocean strategy of growing it as a horsemen's’, show horse, ranchers’, farmers’ and military hotel.
How do we . . .?
- Create an attractor in an abandoned square mile of town, surrounded by much better product in a better physical infrastructure?
- Find a market in the dying economy of 2009 – yes, that was the year we started. A dead economy nationally and truly challenged in our part of Ft. Worth, next to an abandoned Target store, acres of empty macadam, and set across from an abandoned strip mall?
- Pay a set of mortgages on a property bought at the height of the market in 2006. Imagine how under water that was?
After the hotel sold, new management lost a consistent 35% of the business that we had grown. They lost “surprise and delight”. They lost the military. They lost the animation and the relationships that came from that animation.
The following two projects directly benefit the successful management of the above two hotels and give them an opportunity to sail into a Blue Ocean, where competition either cannot or will not follow. Game ON.
Development of Route 66 soft brand.
Using existing stock of tired 1950’s and 60’s motels and motor courts along the original Route 66, build out a 1950’s “America on wheels” themed brand. To fill these investments with positive seasonal audiences, we will leverage motor bike and road bike tours.
Development of a costume character animated family hotel with day-long activities based on wholly owned characters and adaptable to 3rd and 4th tier locations using pre-existing properties in need of renovation.
Here we conceive and build-out a low cost family hotel/resort animated by cartoon-like, costumed characters much as Jellystone™ Parks have done so successfully with the Flintstone character of Yogi Bear ™, as Disney does at such high cost and with such familiar assets, and as Knottsberry Farm has done with previously non-copyrighted attractors.
We leverage our deep knowledge of demographic attractors to fashion a new concept for which we will own the copyright. Key to development, we will control the cost of build-out within tertiary markets holding a dense population of mid to lower level demographics within a 150 mile drive range.
- Panetiere Hospitality hotel management has built a team that can take on such a project. One member has been a team leader as SVP Marketing and Sales in building the Rosewood and St Regis brands. Another member has been a world wide theater producer and designer.
Hotel and Resort Clients of our sister consulting group, Panetiere Marketing Advisors:
Consulting with and directly assisting hotels and resorts since 2003.
Our clients – a sampling.
Independent and single property work
- Topnotch at Stowe Resort & Spa, Stowe, VT
- HVS International, Boulder, CO
- Furnace Creek Ranch, Death Valley, CA
- The Graciela, Burbank, CA
- TBI Maldives - luxury resort development in Maldives Island, Indian Ocean
- Rancho Jacona Casitas, Santa Fe, NM
- Orient Express Hotels: The Windsor Court, New Orleans, LA
- St. Julien Hotel & Spa, Boulder, CO
- Marmara Hotels & Resorts, US and Turkey
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing International - Mile High Chapter, Denver, CO
- Sheraton Bloomington, MN
- Quality Inn and Suites, Ft. Worth, TX
- Comfort Inn & Suites Knoxville, Knoxville TN
- Flatotel, NY, NY
- Riverhouse Resort, Bend, OR
- Genesee Grand, Syracuse, NY
- ParkView Hotel, Syracuse, NY
- Ambassador Amarillo Hotel, Amarillo, TX
- Avenue Hotel, Chicago, IL
- Doral Arrowwood, Rye Brook, NY
- The Somerset on Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Villa Montana Beach Resort, Isabela, Puerto Rico
- Ethan Allen Hotel, Danbury, CT
- Gild Hall, A Thompson Hotel, NY, NY
- Carino Collection: 80 Luxury Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, NY, NY
- Kona Village Resort, Kona, HAWAII
- Port Royal, Port Aransas, TX
- Biltmore Hotel Miami, Miami FL
- Crescent Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA
- The New Sheridan, Telluride, CO
- Nth TX Jellystone Park, Burleson, TX
Hotel Management Companies – multiple property work
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Sunriver Resort, Sun River, OR
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Skamania Lodge, Stevenson, WA
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center, NJ
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: The Argent, San Francisco, CA
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Doubletree, O'Hare, Chicago, IL
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: The Shores Resort & Spa, Daytona Beach, FL
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Tampa Intercontinental Hotel, Tampa, FL
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Wild Dunes Resort, Wild Dunes, SC
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Hotel ICON, Houston, TX
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: The Resort at Squaw Creek, Olympic Valley, CA
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Tarrytown House and Conference Center, Tarrytown, NY
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: The Driskill, Austin TX
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Inn and Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe, NM
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Estancia Hotel & Spa, La Jolla, CA
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Paradise Point Resort, San Diego, CA
- Destination Hotels & Resorts: Eden Roc Resort, Miami Beach, FL
- Fairmont Hotels, Fairmont Newport Beach, Newport Beach, CA
- Sage Hospitality Resources: The Peery, Salt Lake City, UT
- Sage Hospitality Resources: Marriott, Ogden, UT
- Sage Hospitality Resources: Sheraton Tempe Airport, AZ
- Sage Hospitality Resources: Marriott Courtyard, Monrovia, CA
- Sage Hospitality Resources: Hilton Garden Inn, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Sage Hospitality Resources: The Curtis Hotel, Denver, CO
- Sage Hospitality Resources: The Westin Westminster, Westminster, CO
- Sage Hospitality Resources: Hotel Baronette, Detroit, MI
- Rock Resorts: Hotel Jerome, Aspen, CO
- Rock Resorts: Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, Edwards, CO
- Rock Resorts: The Lodge at Rancho Mirage, Rancho Mirage, CA
- Rock Resorts: Snake River Lodge, Jackson WY
- Rock Resorts: Jackson Lake Lodge, Jackson WY
- Rock Resorts: The Osprey, Beavercreek, CO
- Rock Resorts: The Pines Lodge, Beaver Creek, CO
- Rock Resorts: La Posada, Santa FE, NM
- Noble House Hotels & Resorts: The Edgewater Hotel, Seattle, WA
- Noble House Hotels & Resorts: The Inn & Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe, NM
- Noble House Hotels & Resorts: The Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs, CA
- Noble House Hotels & Resorts: The Portofino Hotel & Yacht Club, Redondo Beach, CA
- Langham Hotels International, London, Boston, Hong Kong
- Langham Hotels: Langham Boston, MA
- Langham Hotels: Langham Huntington Hotel & Spa, Pasadena, CA
- Gemstone Resorts: Hotel ZaZa, Houston, TX
- Gemstone Resorts: Hotel ZaZa, Dallas, TX
- Gemstone Resorts: House of Blues Hotel, Chicago, IL
- Gemstone Resorts: Hotel SAX, Chicago, IL
- Gemstone Resorts: Westward Look Resort, AZ
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: Lincoln, NE
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: Hunt Valley, MD
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: Overland Park, KS
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: Kansas City Airport
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: El Paso, TX
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: Salt Lake City, UT
- Woodfin and Chase Suites Hotels: Rockville, MD
- The Kessler Collection: Beaver Creek Lodge & Spa, Beaver Creek, CO
- The Kessler Collection: Bohemian Hotel, Chapel Hill, NC
- Amerimar Enterprises: Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, NJ
- Amerimar Enterprises: Sheraton Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
- Amerimar Enterprises: Hotel Derek, Houston, TX
- Amerimar Enterprises: Four Points by Sheraton, Meriden, CT
- Amerimar Enterprises: Embassy Suites, Denver, CO